About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Jul 15, 2010

Colts Birthday Cookie

click to enlarge

 I would like to thank my former co-worker Jeff for presenting this opportunity to me....this is the first cookie I made for a client. Jeff had seen the Harley cookie that I made for another co-worker's birthday and I was so happy when Jeff asked me to do this for his sister's birthday. 

All Jeff told me was that she loves the Colts...Well, I love the Colt's too so I just went with it. I made the Colts horseshoe the center focus with some nice detail to add texture, but I complimented it by placing it on top of a football field which again adds texture and a new color which helps the overall composition. I used a new technique on this cookie to create the field texture which turned out very well. 

Since this was for a 29 year old girl I decided to add a bit more of the decorative detail on top of the football theme as well as using secondary colors that compliment the Colts blue but also pop against it. 

According to Jeff the whole family loved it and didn't want to cut into the field at first, but then after eating the outside they couldn't help themselves and had to go for seconds and ended up eating the whole cookie. I love to hear that because as nice as the cookies look sometimes they taste even better...so just jump in, cut it up, and enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you