About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Aug 14, 2010

Gymbo Birthday Cookie

click to enlarge


Gymboree is one of my nephews' favorite places to go and play so when I was asked to do a cookie for a party there I was pretty excited to be able to include all the things that make that place so intriguing for the kids. 

The most recognizable thing about Gymboree is Gymbo the clown who I decided to put front and center on the cookie. I tried to add different textures where I could and use Gymboree's bright primary colors as a theme. I included bouncy balls, the big tent that they use in the classes, and tried make it look as though Gymbo was juggling the balls as well as Owen's name. I used sprinkles to make the 2's inside the bouncy balls and sprinkled them all around the outside border as well which all the kids loved. 

The border around the top was a new technique for me but seemed to fit in nicely with the clown theme and added a new texture and depth around the edge. 

This cookie was a lot of fun to make and even more fun to see eaten and enjoyed at the party by all kids and parents alike.


No comments: