About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Sep 4, 2010

Favorite Things Birthday Cookie

click to enlarge

Most of the cookies I make are well planned ahead of time and drawn out with the knowledge of an upcoming event. This cookie was the opposite of that, but still turned out to be one of my favorite cookies. 

It always helps to know something about the cookie recipient and in this case I simply chose some of my uncle's favorite things and put them together for a great cookie! (Even though my mom and I decided to make the cookie at 10:00pm the night before driving down to their lake house for his impromptu party!!) Luckily, we had everything we needed and we knew what he liked so it was only a matter of putting it all down on a cookie. 

The Red Stripe drinking, Mickey Mantle loving, wishes he could be fishing daily, Yankees fan absolutely loved the cookie, especially since we surprised him by even coming up to the lake to celebrate his 60th birthday. It was a pretty great day, but then again every day spent at the lake is always a little bit better than the average day.


No comments: