About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Sep 10, 2010

Gerbera Daisy Bridal Shower Cookie

click to enlarge


My newest sister-in-law chose beautiful coral gerbera daisies for her wedding flowers and I thought they would be the perfect design for the surprise cookie I made for her bridal shower.

I wanted to focus on the flowers yet still make it elegant and whimsical (another part of her design theme) so I chose to do multiple half flowers all around the edge to surround the solid white center and make it pop even more. The middle is just a smooth layer of white icing to display the names, date, and small daisy with a textured detail around the edge including iridescent sugar pearls.

I enjoy the way the green and white vines create a whimsical feel between the different rigid edges of the circle and the flowers. When I started, I was not confident in my decision to do the green vines, but in the end I think it turned out very nicely and I was especially happy with the way that part and brought all the element together.

The daisies themselves were made petal by petal to create a more textured and realistic feel and then brushed with a pink iridescent powder to create the depth I was hoping to achieve. the centers are made with a simple star tip that helped create even more realism and texture. A simple border between the centers of the flowers helps bring the whole cookie together and separates it from the decorative base. 

Congratulation Kevin and Kori!



Updated
5/17/2011
 
I was asked to do another cookie in this design this time as a farewell cookie for Susan working at Harrison College from her co-workers. And here is the final product. 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!