About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Jun 8, 2011

George Strait Cookie

click to enlarge


My old boss, the one I had made the Harley Cookie for, came back for another order (much appreciated!). This time she knew exactly what she wanted on a cookie and it was just a matter of whether I could do it for her or not....

So she sent me along this picture of the birthday girl's favorite 
concert tour t-shirt and wanted me to recreate the logo on a cookie.
 
And I told her that OF COURSE I could do it!!!! 
I'm not one to back down from a challenge :)

In reality it was actually very easy for me to create this cookie. The bulk of  my work comes from my desire to make a perfect cookie every time I do one. That means when I get a design theme I obsess about the design and colors and composition until it's finished. With this cookie the design was right there and all it took was my ability with the icing to make it look as realistic as possible, and it turned out GREAT!! I loved the final product and outside of deciding were to put the 'Happy Birthday' and what to do to finish the border it was all laid out for me. I couldn't ask for much more!

I utilized some of the technique of adding more dimension that I had worked on in the last cookie, Maddie's Birthday Cookie, to make the scull look as realistic as possible and in person at least it was very effective and gave is so much added depth.

This cookie design only reiterated to me that somehow I do have a real talent for recreating something taken from a picture or a logo and being able to make it look surprisingly accurate! Some other examples include the Cancer-Free Tattoo Cookie (from a camera phone image of the tattoo), the Cars Cookies, and Mo's 30th Birthday Cookie (from an image of her dog) not to mention many of the other logos and designs seen on my cookies. No matter how many I do though, I never stop loving the feeling of completing a design and seeing how well I was able to achieve my latest goal or challenge. 

Keep 'em coming!!


No comments: