About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Apr 2, 2010

Office Farewell Cookie

click to enlarge

When my sister-in-law asked me to make a farewell cookie for her office administrator's move to San Francisco, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! As a former architecture student and lover of all things design and engineering the Golden Gate Bridge was a great choice for a focus on this cookie. Like I said, I love a challenge, especially one that I impose on myself since I was only asked to make a cookie for the office workers to enjoy at her party. 

It's the detail again that makes this cookie so special and one of my favorites. The giant bridge supports, the span, and the cables all work together and yet still stand out to make it instantly recognizable. The idea that the bridge spans across the entire cookie and seems to be trailing off into the background is one of the stronger elements of the cookie. The colors all work together as well helping the design and the detail used around the name add a nice element to the cookie that I enjoy.

My sister-in-law was blown away and so happy to be able to give this cookie  to her office manager and friend to thank her for all her hard work. I was glad to be able to surprise my sister-in-law and make her happy as well

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this!!