About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Mar 16, 2011

Real Estate Function Cookie


I donated one of my cookies to a fund raising auction at my nephews'
school a couple of months back. The winning bidder decided to use the cookie for a real estate event that she was putting on today. 

The theme of the event was setting goals and in terms of the design she said "surprise me" so I tried another ambitious scene design for this cookie.

click to enlarge


To showcase a lofty goal, I wanted to show a street with all the homes on the street boasting sold signs.  I chose to use a one point perspective leading off into the sunrise to give the idea that these sold homes continue down the street. That's quite a goal for any real estate agent I think!

This wasn't the deign for all the flashy sparkly details, so instead I chose to focus on the homes and make them as realistic as possible. I used a specific tip with the icing to create horizontal lines of the siding which was very important to the look of the cookie. I did use sparkles in the cookie, but mostly to add texture to the roof. I think the technique and the roofs looked great in the end. A little more texture added in the landscaping and the whole scene comes together as it fades back to the focal point and highlights the whole street.

The cookie was meant to be inspirational and set the mood for the event that was being hosted. The theme of the event was well represented in the cookie and hopefully eating the cookie was the perfect end to the meal and to the event.


No comments: