About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

May 26, 2011

Caribbean 50th Birthday Cookie

click to enlarge


This is the third cookie in a series of 50th Birthday Cookies that I made for a group of old friends. Each name came with a list of interests and favorite things that I got to pick and choose from to make a complete cookie. 'Chief' enjoys hanging out on his pontoon boat every summer weekend and enjoys a good Miller Lite. His list also mentioned that he loves the Caribbean so I decided to transplant his favorite pastimes onto a Caribbean beach complete with palm trees and crashing waves. The pontoon is based off of his own black and tan boat but set in bright blue tropical waters instead of the Geist reservoir. Besides the detail already involved in the Miller Lite logo I also decided to make this particular bottle one of the new Vortex bottles. It was as simple as using some edible copper iridescent powder to create the look, but it made it something a little extra special. That's what I tried to do for each elements of this cookie, add something special to make it stand out and be a little more personal. 


No comments: