About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

May 4, 2011

Field of Tulips Cookie

click to enlarge



I'm such a nice sister... :)

My youngest brother just drove home from Colorado where he has been attending school at UC Boulder and before he even got home he already had an order for me that he was going to take to a friend that night for her birthday. With only a day's notice and work on my schedule for the next day I'm not quite sure why I agreed, but I think it might have something to do with how easily I am persuaded by this particular brother. None the less, the cookie was for a good friend of his who happens to love Tulips. 

I chose to focus on a few detailed tulips of different colors in the foreground that fade out to a full field of beautifully colored tulips. I kept the design very simple beyond that to keep the focus on the flowers. I do however think that the border goes very well with this design and its simplicity puts the focus back on the flowers while containing the scene. 

With the completion of this cookie I can add another flower to my portfolio which now includes tropical flowers, roses, daisies, gerbera daisies, and carnations.


No comments: