About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Apr 17, 2011

Island Themed Bridal Shower Cookie


click to enlarge


I'm so glad my Aunt has such a big family, otherwise I wouldn't have any cookies to update :)

This Island Themed Cookie was for her soon to be daughter-in-law who is getting married in Cancun!!! I thought I would bring a bit of the feel of the tropics to this cookie for her bridal shower. I used corals, yellows, and greens, also the accent colors to her wedding, to really create that effect. I chose a simple beautiful flower to surround the central beach scene which includes a palm tree, (much improved  from my last attempt with the Sunset Housewarming Cookie),  bright blue water washing up on the beach, and his and her sandals resting in the sand. With all the colors and details in the design, simply listing their names and the date of their wedding was all that was necessary to complete the design. 

The simple yet detailed flowers really bring this cookie to life and are my favorite element. I did spend the most time on them making sure they were perfect, but I think it paid off in the way that they define the feel of this cookie. This is really the first time I used the technique of painting the icing to fade out right to the cookie as I did for the water, the sand, and around the names. For this particular design I think it was very successful. With such attention to detail, the realistic effects of all the elements let them stand on their own and bring the whole cookie together without the need for a conventional border. 

I hope the cookie captured the beauty and elegance that the gorgeous bride has planned for her big day, and maybe even helped get her more excited about that beach wedding that's not too far away!!

Congrats Tony and Sarah!


Another big thanks to my Aunt for the beautiful photo

No comments: