About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Apr 1, 2011

Puppy Birthday Cookie


click to enlarge




Right after I finished the Valpo Baseball Cookie for another of my Aunts, I quickly got a request from her son and daughter-in-law for a Birthday cookie for their 3 year old daughter Addison or 'Addi'. 


Lucky Addi had even gotten to pick out the theme for her own Birthday party this year so 'Puppy Themed' was the order of the day for this cookie.  After the last dog that I had recreated for Mo's 30th Birthday Cookie turned out so well I was feeling pretty confident about my ability to do another dog and make it work well with the cookie.


Overall, I really like the way the puppy turned out with the bone with Addi's name on it in her mouth and the number 3 hanging from her collar to complete the Happy 3rd Birthday title. My mother actually really helped bring the cookie together by suggesting that I add the adorable little bows to the puppy's ears, both to bring some of those bright colors to the top of the cookie, and to make it a girl puppy for the little girl's birthday. The bright glitter filled paws and the fun detailing around the center are all great elements on this cookie. If I had to do it again I might arrange all the elements differently. I was very pleased with the way each turned out, but just not in that configuration.


But, a 3 year old doesn't have to know that part :) As long as Addi enjoyed her puppy cookie and it tasted as good as I know it did then I can't complain because it was a really bright, fun, glitter filled cookie to celebrate an adorable little girl's Big 3rd Birthday party.

No comments: