About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Jul 4, 2011

Welcome Home Cookie

Welcome Home Jeff

click to enlarge

Every year my good friend's family holds a 4th of July gathering at their lake house where everyone comes and goes and has a great time hanging out and enjoying the company and the lake. 


This year was special because my friend's husband Jeff just returned from Kuwait. This cookie was a surprise for a celebration of his service and safe return home as well as a celebration of the 4th holiday. The image you see in the center is one that my friend knew that her husband would love to see from his time abroad. Jeff is a HUGE Kansas Jayhawks fan and in while in Kuwait he found a mural that had this image of an Army clad and fully armed Jayhawk. He fell in love, and I was commissioned to put it on a cookie for him which is exactly what I did. I have to admit I think the American flag, even with its colored sparkles, is a perfect backdrop for this Army Jayhawk and for a 4th of July weekend celebration cookie to welcome home a hero. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I was looking through your blog and all your amazing cookies, and finally got back to the cookie you made for Jeff! I can't believe I didn't post something before, but I wanted to tell you again how amazing and talented you are! Your Jayhawk flag cookie was exactly perfect, and Jeff and I couldn't be more grateful for both the cookie and your friendship :-)
Love,
Lindsey