About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Jan 28, 2012

Ballerina Bear Birthday Cookie

click to enlarge


This is another cookie donated to auction. I donated the cookie to help the FILM project, an organization that takes photos for families with loved ones suffering from cancer.  The winning bid came from the daughter of my boss and I happened to know the little girls whose birthday this was for which is always an added bonus when designing a cookie. 

Megan is just 3 but already in love with dancing and ballet just like her older sister, and she loves her teddy bears as well so why not combine the two? The dancing ballet bear with her shiny puffy ballet skirt was the perfect image for the center of the cookie, and the pink and yellow theme was perfect for little Megan's personality. Sweet and whimsical was what I wanted to keep the cookie, so, beyond the addition of the glittery number 3's dancing along with the bear, all the detailing is delicate and fun and every element is either glittering with sparkles or adorned with shimmering sugar pearls. The border was created continuing in that same effect, lots of pink, lots of sparkles and lots of fun. Overall this cookie was a lot of fun for me to make for this sweet little girl on her birthday and I was glad to be able to do it for a good cause as well.

No comments: