About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Jan 21, 2012

Leo's Birthday Cookie

 50th Birthday Cookie

click to enlarge

Working in a cafe I have had a chance to meet many new people. I got the chance to get to know Leo's wife through multiple visits. Our food interests were discussed on multiple occasions and my cookies came up a time or two, so when she planned Leo's 50th birthday party in the cafe she asked me to do a cookie for the occasion. With a list of Leo's favorite things I set to designing the cookie. I wanted to make the scene seem somewhat like a sports locker since his interests seemed to lean that way. A name plated shelf which holds his 'golden' gloves, his necessary tech gadgets, and is tagged with the logo from his beloved bike. 

As interesting as all the elements were once I placed them on the cookie, the biggest visual piece was the 5-0 that was front and center. I needed to find something to make the numbers visually interesting and I got my inspiration from the invite. The stitched pattern that fills the numbers was the backdrop for the digital invitation and went perfectly with the color scheme. In the end, this cookie was focused on the individual elements that make up the central scene. Each one came out exceptionally well and together they created a very striking cookie that Leo and his wife were very happy to have at their party.

No comments: