About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Sep 17, 2012

Will's Machine Cookie

click to enlarge


Phew...I have been on quite a cookie making run for awhile now. I feel like I haven't had a min. to catch my breath until now. 

Before Will's cookie I finally had about a week without a cookie deadline...but what did I do with that time? Constantly work on this cookie design and the next one coming up. Will and Blair are my niece and nephew and born 3 weeks apart. I have mentioned previously how much I love making cookies for my nephews Ryan and Owen and these next two are no different...maybe even better! I'm an only girl so the fact that I finally have another girl in the family to make cute stuff for is the BEST!! 

But first, I must make the next in the line of super awesome nephew cookies. Not that I don't do it with every cookie I design, but since I know my nephews so well, when I make cookies for them I like to push myself a little bit extra and have some fun to see what new design ideas I can come up with.

Ok, so, I love this cookie!!!

 My family is in the construction business so machines and dirt have been a part of our lives for as long as I can remember and it was a perfect theme for Willies first party! Tip: there is nothing cuter than construction hats on little boys! Just my opinion :) Back to the cookie... I have experimented with manipulating the cookie with cut outs and making it into different shapes previously, but for this one I wanted to actually have the machines dig out a hole in the cookie and use the crumbs spread around the 'construction site'. I think it worked out perfectly! I love the effect and you could really tell that the hole was dug out of the cookie and all the chocolate chips and cookie crumbs were found in the dump truck and in the gravel and the bucket of the excavator...see how I know all those machines :)  To really drive home the 'under construction' feel I even transformed the letters of his name into a construction element and had them held together with bolts. 

I think what I like most about this cookie is that the risk I took of digging a hole in the middle of the cookie really paid of and made the design that much better. The whole scene really works together and it was a perfect fit for the party...complete with construction hats! Now, hopefully Blair's cookie is just as big a success...or I might be accused of favoritism ;)

No comments: