About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

Oct 8, 2012

Blair's Cupcake Cookie

click to enlarge

Sadly, this is the one and only picture of this cookie that exists!! 

It was made for my niece's 1st birthday party and in all the hustle to finish it up and get the the party on time, I never took pictures at home assuming I would just take all those shots when I got there. Well, que more craziness when I actually arrived and somehow I never got my pictures and neither did anyone else! Sad...I really enjoyed making this cookie for Blair and the party really was adorable I missed an opportunity to get a really good shot of the final cookie.

This image does do a good job of highlighting something that doesn't come across as well in a lot of my other photos, and that is the real 3D effect that I bring to many of the elements. As you can see specifically in the cupcake cups and the icing, each ripple is created in relief and the icing falls around the cupcake just as it would if those were real cupcakes covered in sprinkles. 

This was a cupcake themed party so those were the main focus of the detailing and design and I used a simple dot pattern to fill in the rest of the space and bring a fun and playful feel to the party. What you definitely can't see from image is the border. I re-used a design idea from the Ally's Baking Cookie and made the border completely out of cupcakes. As you look from the side you see a cupcake base, and the icing comes over the edge creating the border that is visible from above. This one is a bit different though, Ally's cupcakes were quite spaced out and relied on a traditional border to complete the design where this border is made completely out of cupcakes...just in case you weren't sure what the focus of this cookie was supposed to be ;)

Like I said before...this was a cookie I really enjoyed making, and I love the realistic look of the central cupcakes...wish I would have remembered to get those shots at the party, but what's important is that the guests loved it and the party was a success!

No comments: