About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

May 7, 2012

Gavin's Batman Cookie

click to enlarge

I have two young nephews and another infant niece and nephew, so I'm well versed in the world of cartoons and children's videos that are available, but I must say Batman isn't a character that I have ever paid much attention to. If When I design a Cars Cookie or a Toy Story Cookie, I've seen those movies enough times to tell you everything about it so designing a cookie is no big deal and usually comes fairly easily
...making it is another story, but I digress :) 

When Gavin's Grandmother asked me to make a Batman (and Robin) Cookie,  I didn't realize how many different Batman images there were through all the years and how much he has changed since the beginning. So what version of Batman was little Gavin into? These are the things that run through my head as I try to design the best cookie I can for each order. I decided that even though the logos have changed somewhat they would be very recognizable for everyone and would make a cool looking cookie.

I'm not sure if it's the nature of the Batman symbol itself, but once I put it down as the central element of the cookie, the rest of the cookie was rather difficult to design and the other elements a bit hard to place. Despite the initial difficulties, I think the cookie itself turned out well. I like the bold graphic nature of it and the way all the elements came together in the end. Maybe a bit mature looking for a 3 year old, but definitely recognizable as a Batman cookie.  I love the yellow border around this cookie. Its was probably the most time consuming element, but in the end it was worth it for the way it made the other graphics really stand out. 

From what I hear, Gavin had a great birthday party and all the Batmen and Batgirls really enjoyed the cookie.

No comments: