About my Blog

This blog is to showcase all the cookies I make and decorate and am hoping to sell via my page links on the side bar, but for now just browse the site and the 'cookie gallery' and enjoy because I certainly enjoyed making each and every one of them.

May 24, 2012

Fred's 60's Birthday Cookies



click to enlarge


click to enlarge

It's race time in Indy and that's OK by me...I love making cars on cookies!! Especially really cool looking cars like this one. These were special cookies since the recipient was the owner of this specific car that won the 1997 Indy 500!!! Needless to say this car needed to be perfect because if anyone would know if it wasn't it would be him! The race car cookie was a special cookie commemorating his big win and his years of memories at the track and with that car. 

The second cookie is more about his life now and the things he enjoys doing today. Hanging out at the lake, traveling around in his RV with is 3 dogs, and cruising on one of his multiple custom 3 wheeled motorcycles. The two flags helped me incorporate some of the things he is involved in while keeping relevant with the design. Layout wise I cannot help but find flaws in this cookie as a designer, but I really enjoyed creating all the elements and finding a way to make them all coexist on the same cookie without making it too disjointed. 

All in all, Fred was quite surprised and according to the person who ordered them for the occasion he was 'so impressed and pleased'. Nothing makes all the work I put into my cookies from design to creation more worth it than hearing from someone who hasn't seen or had my cookies and hearing how much they enjoyed it. 

No comments: